Sunday 8 July 2012

make do and mend

Today has been one of those days where you just want to relax and spend some quality time either on your own or with your children. This i did with youngest whilst my eldest went to his friends house.
In between playing on Scooby Doo and watching a film, my little one said "Mam, what are you making?" I replied a blanket and my little man said can i help? So we sat together whilst the Zookeeper was on, showing him how to knit. I'm only a beginner but i find it relaxing .
In the near future i'm keen to teach my children the basics such as sewing on a button, well you never know when your going to need it. Through to how to make full meals in the hope that when they older and left home they won't struggle like i did (and still do).


A couple of days ago i was given a dressmakers dummy off a site called freegle. Its great all i need to do make or buy a stand for it and I'm off! My aim is to attempt to make some clothes for myself and take up some skirts . Both of which I've never done before so should be fun. I'm so chuffed.
Have a look on your local freecycle or freegle site you never know what people are given away for free! 







Please ignore the marks on the carpet, tradesman ruined it years ago and no mater how much i clean / wash it the stains won't come off.




I'm a big believer of recycling and regularly give away items for free. We've just refitted the kitchen and had some new worktop leftover so straight on freegle it went. It was snapped up within minutes, luckily my boys are used to me and love trawling through charity shops for clothes, books and toys. I turn it into a mini adventure where i say right you've got £2 to spend and that its, you'll be amazed and what you can find for  such a small amount of money.











No comments:

Post a Comment