Friday 11 January 2013

No Spend Days

Hi everyone,

We today definitely hasn't been a spend free day, had to go shopping yet again. My partner took us over to supermarket and pet store for things. I swear our third can cat smell fresh cat litter from a mile away.
Honestly my partner and i were shocked at how much the prices of general has gone up.
We looked at the reduced food and even that was expensive. Raspberries reduced by 10p, ridiculous. No wonder there is so much waste when the supermarkets don;'t reduce food by much.

One good thing happened, my partner now agrees with me that the local halal offer better quality meat that the supermarkets do and at very reasonable prices.  But he did say that we would have to find a good butcher just for pork, what an i say he likes his bacon and sausages!!


No Spend Days or a NSD

What is a no spend day? I hear you ask, well this is where you actively don't spend any money at all. To help me this i joined in a challenge on MSE as i find it helps me to focus when its down on paper or the net in this case.

They are no hard and fast rules and can choose what counts as a spend free day.Every person is an individual and so are they budgets.

The way i plan a no spend day is by making sure i don't so any unplanned spending.
For example:
  • I don't count Direct Debits - i have no control of these.
  • I don't interest payments or bill days - again i have no control of them
  • I don't count overpayments to credit cards as i'm actively trying to clear debt
But i do count the following :
  • Buying items from the corner shop such as sweets, milk, daft things
  • Buying clothing which is not needed
  • Getting the van fixed, again :(
  • Paying for school meals
  • Paying for large for groceries
  • Paying for meals out
  • Basically anything other than bills

Its the 11th of January and so far we have jointly achieved 8 days of no fiscal / monetary spending at all. Instead we had 3 days , one planned and two unplanned.  Which i think is pretty good.

I like the idea as it makes me think about my spending in a different way.

Maybe you could try a no spend day and see how it works for you :)

See you tomorrow

kez x


No comments:

Post a Comment